We all know why the Las Vegas Raiders are struggling. Well, at least, we think we know why.

If I was to do a survey and ask all Raiders fans what is wrong with the team, I think 90% of people would say Josh McDaniels, and the other 10% would say, Derek Carr.

If you were to ask the players, well of course they wouldn’t say the head coach is the issue. Instead, some of them are calling out their own teammates, in a way.

“It’s been the same thing, you know,” wide receiver Davante Adams said after the loss. “Guys have to play for one another and play a full game. You know that is 60 minutes, from start to finish. That’s starting fast and coming in and closing games.

“Making plays. Taking on that burden. Wanting to be that guy… wanting to be the guy that makes that play. Just don’t got enough guys that are fully bought into that right now. I think people like the idea, but when it’s time to execute, it don’t turn out that way.”

Adams didn’t say it wasn’t McDaniels, but he didn’t not say that if that makes sense. Either way, the head coach has a big influence on whether or not players buy in to what he’s selling, so Adams’ comment still applies to McDaniels, in a sense.

Adams obviously thinks these are internal issues and that they fall on the players. It’s almost like we have heard this before, but from a different player.

“You know, I think there is a lot I want to say, you know? But if I’m honest, I don’t need to say it here,” Derek Carr said after the loss to the Jaguars.

“There are things that will be said. There will be things that need to be addressed and all these things. But I think as [a] whole, the urgency part of it, after 30 minutes of football, we have to learn that the game is not over.”

So I don’t think Adams is taking the “blame the coach” approach that most fans and media are taking. In fact, I think he is blaming the players for not doing their part, which is different than what we have been hearing from the media and others.

At the end of the day, that’s what you want to see out of your leaders: the ability to hold people accountable.

Hopefully, for the Raiders’ sake, Adams’ message has an impact.

Featured Image Via Stephen R. Sylvanie-USA TODAY Sports

Why can’t the Raiders close out games?