We have made it to the 2023 Dallas Cowboys season! First up is training camp and the preseason, leading up to the official regular season.
The Cowboys will be able to compete in-house, with joint practices against AFC West opponents before final cuts.
In-between all of this are key dates and times of important events. Such as when rosters need to be trimmed, waiver claim days and preseason game times.
If you didn’t already know, below are all the important dates from now until the end of training camp.
*All times set to Central Standard Time
- Tuesday, July 26: Training camp opening news conferences
- Wednesday, July 27: First practice.
- Monday, August 1: First padded practice.
- Wednesday, Aug. 3: Practice. Mock game at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 6: Practice. Mock game. Noon
- Wednesday, Aug. 10: Joint practice with Broncos in Denver
- Saturday, Aug. 13: Cowboys at Broncos. Preseason game No. 1. 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 16: Last day of camp in Oxnard.
- Tuesday, Aug. 16: By 3:00 p.m., teams must reduce rosters to 85 players on the Active/Inactive List.
- Wednesday, Aug. 17: Joint practices with L.A. Chargers.
- Thursday, Aug. 18: Joint practices with L.A. Chargers.
- Saturday, Aug. 20: Cowboys at Chargers, preseason game No. 2. 9 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 23: By 3:00 p.m., teams must reduce rosters to 80 players on the Active/Inactive List.
- Friday, Aug. 26: Cowboys vs Seattle Seahawks. Preseason game No. 3. 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 30: By 3:00 p.m., teams must reduce rosters to 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.
- Wednesday, Aug. 31: Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 11:00 a.m. At 3:00 p.m., players placed on IR, Non-Football Injury/Illness can be designated for return later in the season.
As the season progresses, be sure to follow the A to Z Sports Dallas pages on Twitter and Facebook. Plus subscribe to our YouTube channel to catch Skywalker Steele in the mornings, and Mauricio Rodriguez on prime time! For ALL your Dallas Cowboys news and content.
Mandatory Credit: Stephen Lew-USA TODAY Sports